How to Choose an External HDD Enclosure?
External HDD enclosure is a useful tools for laptop or computer to get more storage space, and it takes an internal hard drive and turn it into an external hard drive. How can we choose a proper hdd drive enclosure? You should consider about these few aspects before making a decision:
- Size: Choose the right size for your hard drive. Usually laptop hard drives are 2.5" and desktop hard drives are 3.5". Inateck enclosures are available for both sizes.
- Connection type and standard: Most external HDD drive enclosures connect to your computer through USB port, which is the most convenient way currently. External hard drive enclosures with USB 3.0 or 3.1 connector is highly recommended. As USB 3.0 can handle up to 5Gbps while USB 3.1 can reach 10Gbps. So USB 3.0/3.1 can get the faster speed for the data transfer.
- Material: They are enclosures made of plastic, aluminum or metal. This conducts heat away from the hard drive to keep the hard drive cool, metal/aluminum maybe more durable, but plastic enclosures usually have better heat dissipation potential
- UASP support: UASP drivers generally provide faster transfers when compared to the older USB Mass Storage Bulk-Only Transport (BOT) protocol drivers. You could get a SATA hard drive enclosure with UASP support when you are inclined to follow the protocol or want more efficient data transfer. Most Inateck external hdd enclosure has UASP support with an affordable price, which you’ll like.
- 2.5" Hard Drive Enclosure with Hidden USB Cable, SA01001$12.99Out of stock
- 2.5" Hard Drive Enclosure with USB-C Port, FE2005C$16.99Out of stock
- Aluminum 2.5" Hard Drive Enclosure, FE2011$7.99Out of stock