8-Port Power Supply USB 3.2 Gen 2 PCIe Card with Total 20 Gbps Bandwidth, KU8212
- This item can provide you with 8 USB expansion ports. The 2 USB C ports support power delivery protocol and can provide up to 30W charging power per port to recharge your phone, tablet or even laptop, and the 6 USB A ports support BC 1.2 protocol and can provide up to 7.5W charging power per port.
- With the new USB 3.2 Gen 2 standard, each port can reach up to 10 Gbps transfer rate when used solely. The 8 USB ports share a 20Gbps transfer rate and you can view the picture to learn more about the bandwidth allocation.
- Powered by the PCIe interface, this card doesn't require any external power supply, easy to install and use.
- This PCIe to USB 3.2 Gen 2 card adopts overcurrent-protection chip and has passed the IEC61000-4-2 Ed.2 ESD test, which can better keep your computer and devices secure and safe.
- This item is compatible with Window 7/8/10/11, Linux and Mac OS 10.8.2 and later.
About the Use of OculXX VR Headset
Some users might find the display transfer speed in the Quest2 software just reaches up to 2.9Gbps when the VR headset is connected via this PCIe card, even lower than the speed of the original USB 3.0 port of the computer. Regarding this, we ran some tests and here's our theory and conclusion:
- All of Redcomets PCIe cards are compatible with VR devices including Quest2 and OculXX RifX S and can work with them properly.
- It's confirmed that the display speed, when the VR device is connected to the USB 3.2 expansion card, might be lower than the speed when it's connected to the USB 3.0 port on the motherboard directly. The VR display speed reaches up to 2.9G in the motherboard port and up to 2.0G in the expansion port.
- When the VR headset is connected to the USB 3.2 port and the USB 3.0 port on the X299 motherboard directly, the speed shows at 1.9 G in the USB 3.2 port and at 2.5G in the USB 3.0 port.
- The VR headset can work without any issue even when the speed shows at 1.x G.
- The USB cables make little difference on the change of the display speed based on the test results of USB 3.0 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 cables ranging from 15 cm to 200 cm.We attempted to contact OculXX several times but failed to get any effective response. Based on the information above, we speculate that the Quest2 software testing algorithm conflicts with the USB 3.2 Gen 2 main controller chip so that the transfer speed measured by the system is lower than the actual speed. Please rest assured that this won't affect your gaming experience.
USB 3.2 Gen 2 High Speed Expansion Card with PD Charging
Inateck KU8212 is a multifunctional PCIe to USB expansion card with 8 USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports. The 2 USB C ports support USB PD protocol and each one can provide up to 30W charging power. The 6 USB A ports support USB BC 1.2 protocol and each one can provide up to 7.5W charging power. Compared with similar products, Inateck KU8212 can reach faster data transfer speed and provide higher charging power.
Note: This card is powered by the PCIe slot and can provide up to 100W of charging power. Since the actual power is related to the chassis power supply, please check whether the chassis power supply can bear additional power consumption before use.
For an assembled PC, you can use the total power of the chassis power supply minus the power of the motherboard, CPU, GPU and other components.For a branded PC, you can contact the computer manufacturer to get the reserved power of the chassis.
Due to the limitation of charging protocol, if the device being charged does not support PD or BC 1.2 charging protocol, some problems might occur such as slow charging speed or device not in charge. The USB C expansion ports support 4 output voltage grades (5V/9V/12V/15V), and the USB A expansion ports support up to 5V output. To ensure the charging effect, please make sure that your device supports PD or BC 1.2 charging protocol.
20Gbps Sharing Speed
Inateck KU8212 can expand 6 USB A 3.2 Gen 2 ports and 2 USB C 3.2 Gen 2 ports from a PCIE×16 slot. Each port can reach up to 10 Gbps transfer rate when used solely and these 8 USB ports share a 20Gbps transfer rate.
Note: The bandwidth allocation of this product is as follows.To reach up to 20 Gbps data rate, please make sure that both the connected devices and USB cables support USB 3.2 Gen 2. Since the USB 3.0 protocol caps bandwidth at 5Gbps, following the buckets effect, the USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports cannot provide faster speed when the connected storage devices, computers, adapter cables, and adapters are with USB 3.0 specifications.
This item is applicable to motherboards supporting PCIe 2.0/3.0/4.0 and works with PCIe x 16 slots.
Product dimensions: 14.8*10.8*2.1cm (5.8*4.3*0.8 in)
Bracket dimensions: 12 * 2.4cm (4.7*0.9 in)
Equipped with overcurrent protection chip, this card requires less response time for overcurrent protection than those with traditional fuses. Once the PC power output becomes abnormal, the protection chip will cut off the current output, and at the same time (if the system supports) an overcurrent protection prompt will come up, which can help you resolve problems in time to secure your computer and devices.
Having passed the IEC61000-4-2 Ed.2 ESD test, this PCIe card can effectively prevent long-term damage to electronic components from static electricity.
KU8212 is compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7 (32/64 bit), Linux and Mac OS 10.8.2 and later.No driver is required.
Note:Following motherboard models are not yet supported by Inateck KU8212. Please make sure that your motherboard model is not listed below before buying.
Gigabyte GA-Z77X UD3HGigabyte LGA 1155
RoG Z690 Maximus Hero
Compaq 8200 Elite MT
1. What payment methods are supported?
Inateck website supports various of payment methods as follows, safe and easy:
- Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express, etc.)
- Google Pay
- Apple Pay
- Shop Pay
- Bank Deposit
2. Do I need to pay for the customs tax?
For US customers, there’s no extra customs tax and duties at all, as the products on US site are all shipped from our US warehouse directly.
For customers from other countries, usually there’s no tax for low-valued products below thresholds. But for products with higher value, tax and duties may occur and you have to be responsible for it yourself. Tax threshold differs from country to country. Please refer to the customs policy according of your own country.
1. What are your shipping regions?
We delivery to these regions: US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Russia, United Arab Emirates.
If you are in EU, you can order from our Germany site inateck.de, with local Germany delivery.
If you are not within these countries, please kindly Email firstname.lastname@example.org, we will guide you how to make the purchase.
2. How much is the shipping fee?
- For the orders equal to or over $25 to the US, free shipping is provided, excluding subsidiary islands or remoted areas like military districts of United States.
- For the orders less than $25 to the US, the shipping fee is $4.99 for most products.
- For all the orders to other countries, the shipping fee depends on the product amount and quantity, please check the specific shipping fee on the checkout process.
Please kindly pay attention:
- We don't offer free shipping to certain subsidiary islands of United States, including Virgin Island USA, Guam USA, Hawaiian Islands USA etc.
- Some remote areas including military districts, or some bulk items like Tomons lamps may require additional charges. The specific cost depends on the standards of various courier companies.
3. How long does it to take to ship my order?
After your order payment confirmation, we will send the parcel usually in 1-2 business days. It usually takes about 3-7 business days for you to receive it within the US, or 7-10 days outside of it.
4. How can I change my shipping address after placing an order?
In this case, please kindly contact our customer service by Email email@example.com within 12 hours. Otherwise, the item will be shipped to the original address and you have to contact the carrier directly yourself.
5. What's your shipping carrier?
We use world-famous USPS or UPS for shipping your products, which can secure the fast speed as well as safety.
6. How to track my order?
Once your parcel is shipped, we will send you an Email with tracking info and link, you can check it yourself afterwards. If you do not receive this Email, please contact our customer service.
7. What should I do if I received the wrong item(s) or an item(s) is missing?
Please contact our service team within 7 days of receiving the wrong item(s) or have discovered you are missing an item(s). We will correct any order errors as soon as possible!
1. Can I cancel my order after shipment?
Orders cannot be cancelled once they are shipped.
2. How do I return my item?
We provide 30-day money back guarantee for Inateck products. If you have met a quality-related issue and need to return the item back, you can just Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our customer service will help you with the return.
3. How to remove my account registered on your site?
If you don’t need the account registered on Inateck site anymore, please contact our customer service by Emailing email@example.com, we will help you remove it.
You are good at photography, making video, or creating content. You have positive interactions with your audiences.
2. What benefits you will get?
Free products trial. If you have done great work, you may get the long-term sponsorship.
3. What you need to do?
You should take photos or videos, complete your content and post them on your blog or social media channel within 30 days of receiving the parcel. When you publish your content, please include the link of the product page or the link of home page(www.inateck.com) if it is possible.
Inateck may collects your photos, videos and contents. For example, we may share it on Facebook and Instagram, or use your photos on our website and on the product page at amazon. If you do not agree, please let us know in advance.