2-bay USB3.0 Docking Station with Clone FunctionSuper Speed USB3.0 Hard Drive Docking Station is an ideal solution for you to enjoy your videos, photos, music and files easily by plug in any 2.5 inch or 3.5 inch SATA HDD/SSD. Ready for Plug & Play/Hot Swap and no Additional Driver is needed.Tool Free design allow to plug in Hard Drive without tools & screws in 3 seconds and You are free to unplug it & plug in another HDD/SSD.
NoteWhen operating in offline duplication mode, the station must not be reconnected to any supporting computer platform, as this interrupts and stops the process immediately. Additionally, it is strongly advised that the target drive (B) features a bigger capacity than the source drive (A). Drives of the same type and the same capacity might work, but any discrepancy leads to an imminent processing failure as described above.
● Designed for 2.5''/3.5''SATA HDD/SSD and equipped with USB3.0 supper speed interface
● Super Speed USB3.0 offer Speed up to 5Gbps, Ten times of USB2.0
● Compatible Operating Systems: Windows 2000/ XP /Vista/ 7/ 8, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4 above
Package● USB 3.0 & SSD HDD SATA Docking Station
● USB 3.0 Cable
● Installation CD
● 12V/4A Power Adapter
● Hot Swap , Plug and Play , No Reboot and Additional Driver is needed; LED activity indicator, clear and informative display; Perfect solutions for your external storage
● Tool - Free design allow to mount Hard Drive in three second without Tools and Mounting Screws , Allow to accessing multi Hard Drives Externally and Easily
Please Note● Duplication on the computer using Computer-based duplication can only be done on Windows interface and Windows-compatible formats (FAT16, FAT32, NTFS). Other operating system environments can duplicate themselves independently.
● The unit should always be turned off before removing and replacing drives.
● The online clone function can not be used under the system of Mac OS X 10.8.4 and Linux. If you want to use the clone function, please do off-line clone. You can access the data and computer-based cloning with Windows system.
● Attention before clone：
a. TARGET HDD's capacity must be larger than SOURCE HDD, otherwise the CLONE cannot be completed. (Same capacity is also not acceptable)
b. Before cloning, we strongly recommend users to check and backup the data in target drivers (if any). Once the cloning started, the target driver will be formatted and the process must not be artificially interrupted.
c. Before cloning, please make sure that there aren't any bad sectors on the drives in use, as to avoid data transfer errors, overheating and damage to the station itself due to recursive transfer attempts when encountering bad sectors. To verify the drive's integrity, a diagnose with a program like HD Tune Pro is highly recommended.
Over the past few years I have owned many HDD docks, ranging from poorly built, not working products to those also in a league of their own with brilliant finishes and top quality parts. When I received the Inateck docking station in the mail, I was impressed at first glance. It looked like a sturdy, well built product with the added bonus that it was USB3.0 and also had a clone feature that could be used offline.
Using the dock was an effortless process, you simply plug the dock into a USB port on your computer, hit the power button and the hard drives will instantly show up in My Computer. The clone function is similarly easy simple to use and full instructions on how to do so are included in the box that the product arrives in!
Now normally I do a positive and negative section at the end of my reviews, but on this rare occasion I really am finding it hard to find a negative point. As much as I try to find one there really doesn't seem to be any flaws with the design, or even the product itself, and for that reason I think this product is worth every penny of the £38.99 it costs over at Amazon.co.uk.
So if you are looking for a HDD docking station, but also the capability of cloning drives if one happens to blow on you, then look no further than the Inateck USB3.0 Dual SATA HDD Docking Station with Clone Functionality.
Supports offline duplicate function, all data or system files copy into your target hard disk by pressing one simple button.
Accept 2 x 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA HDD plug-in one compact unit, data can be transferred between 2.5″ and 3.5″ SATA HDD.
Two hard drives can read & write at the same time
The dual bay docking station connects to the computer via USB3.0
SuperSpeed (5Gbps) / high-speed (480 Mbps) / full-speed (12 Mbps)
SATA III & SATA II & SATA I support
Supports 4TB Hard Drive
Power LED indicator
Supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (32 / 64-bit), MAC 10.8.0 or later.
1 x SATA HDD Docking Station
1 x Power Adapter
1 x Power Cable
1 x USB3.0 Cable
1 x Driver
1 x User Manual
Works perfect, love the fact that I can connect any drive and check through all my files in just a few seconds.
This unit has two useful functions, and some (as far as I can tell) unnecessary software.
The two useful things are:
1) You can clone hard disks, including boot and operating system disks. It's an extremely easy way to back up your entire system, and it's also invaluable if you want to upgrade the size of your hard disk. All you need to do is:
- pop the old disk from your computer into slot A;
- put the new larger disk into slot B (the front one - be very careful to get the disks the right way round, or your old disk will be erased);
- turn on the power;
- press the start button (you need to press it twice, once for three seconds, and then briefly again, just to make sure you really want to copy the disks);
- wait for a few hours; progress is shown by flashing lights, so you can see when the clone gets to 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%.
When the lights on the front stop flashing, you're done. Put the new disk in your computer in place of the old one, and extend the main partition to use the new space. In Windows 8, which is what I use, go the the Metro "start" screen, type "format", and select "Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions" in Settings; then in Disk Manager right-click on the partition you want to extend and choose "Extend Volume" from the context menu that appears. Do be aware though that different operating systems and motherboards may have different maximum disk sizes, so check this before you start upgrading.
Although the short instruction sheet says you can't clone to a disk that's the same size as the source, I've found that you can, and I've used this to make a complete working copy of my computer system disk (the one with Windows on it). I've tested it pretty thoroughly, and it works fine, and I'm keeping it safe as a system backup.
2) You can also use the docking station to connect two SATA disks to your computer using the included USB 3.0 cable. This is very convenient if you have a bare drive you want to read without going to the trouble of installing it in a caddy: the disks can be quite literally dropped into the slots on the docking station. However, I wouldn't use it as a permanent solution: the disks are exposed to dust and accidental knocks, and it's easy to accidentally remove one when it's powered up (as I did: it's amazing how powerful the gyroscopic effect of a spinning hard disk is)!
The unnecessary software is a disk cloning utility that comes on a small CD. You need to type in a license key, and when you've finished installing you have a utility that can clone disks in exactly the same way that the docking station already does perfectly well on its own. There's nothing wrong with it; you just don't need it.
If you want to clone hard disks or work with data from multiple hard disks in a flexible way, this is a great little docking station, but because they are loose and unprotected it's not suitable to permanently attach external disks to your computer.
Note: Inateck sent me this docking station so I could review it.
Works great. I bought it to work with 8 drives I had from a previous server and needed to do a big consolidation exercise, constantly swapping drives, worked like a sharp. Simple easy option. Great!
it works, plain and simple plug and play, slip your hard drives in and out, if you have a use for a product like this get this one
Copyright ©2014 Inateck. All Right Reserved