- Multifunctional ports to meet various user requirements, enhances the computer with three USB 3.0 ports and one SD card reading slot, OTG enhancement plug included, convenient operation of external drives, memory sticks, card readers, cameras, mobile phones etc., compatible with most conventional SD cards.
Support The Memory CardsSD Slot: SecureDigital (SD), Elite Pro SD, Extreme III SD, Gaming Edition SD, Platinum II SD, SD Pro, SDHC, SDXC,SD-Max, SD-Pleomax, SD-Pro C, Super SD, Turbo SD, Ultima I SD, Ultima II SD, Ultimate SD, Ultra High Speed SD, Ultra II SD, Ultra II SD Plus, Ultra SD, Ultra-X SD, DV-RS MMC, High Speed MMC / RS-MMC, MCCmobile, MMC Pro, MMCplus, MMCplus Turbo, RS-MMC, Micro SD.
● Features an original VIA Technology controller chipset, stable power supply, supports storage devices with 1 TB.
● USB 3.0 interfaces, theoretical transfer speed of up to 5 Gbps, downward compatible with USB 1.1/2.0.
Package● A HB4008
● Contemporary and simple design, compact and precise craftsmanship, high portability.
● Compatible with almost all operating systems, no additional driver installation necessary.
Please Note● For stable operation, devices connected to this hub should not exceed a combined current of 5V 900mAh.
● It is not recommended to use this USB hub for too many peripheral devices with high energy consumption. Two external 2.5 "hard drives without any additional power supply to bring the USB port of the PC is already at its limit.
● This hub is not meant to serve as a stand-alone charger. It is not compatible with iPads or any other devices with irregular charging requirements.
● 2.4Ghz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended.
● Designed specifically for users of ultrabooks, laptop PC and tablets with USB port; Since the length of the USB cable is approximately 30cm, you are kindly advised to order a USB 3.0 extension cable along with this product If you intend to connect it to a desktop PC
Works ok with regular laptops as long as you don't overload it and reach its power limit.DO NOT BUY IF YOU PLAN TO USE WITH THE SURFACE PRO 3.I think the issue is with the surface pro 3 and not the USB reader. The power supplied to the reader isn't high enough and you would almost always regret using this. It might work ok for use with flash drives but would always give issues with HDD's and Mobile Phones since they draw more power.Instead of this version, look for one with an external power source.
This works with a USB 3.0 device with USB 3.0 OTG cable connected, but does not work through a USB 2.0 OTG cable. Not sure if this is a limitation of the OTG storage spec or what exactly. Does work fine with a PC. Tested with Samsung S5 and Moto G 1st Gen phones. Since the Moto G is USB 2.0 only, the storage aspect does not work except very intermittently. Using my OTG 3 cable on the S5, it works perfectly and can have all ports and the SD card reader in use. I suspect that using multiple ports requires a greater degree of power that does not transmit sufficiently through a USB 2 connector with respect to the OTG storage use.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this product for free so that I could provide product feedback to the company and post a product review. I was not required to write a positive review and I do not rate products higher than they should have been. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's requirements.NOTE: This is a review of Inateck Model HB4008 - Hub with: 3 port USB 3.0 + SD Card Reader + OTG SupportTo test the hub, I used my DROK USB tester to measure the current required. Here is the current it required for various items:- USB hub with nothing attached pulled 0.1A- Adding a wired mouse made it increase to 0.11A- Adding a wifi adapter and thumb drive pushed it up to 0.25ASo even with the hub, a mouse, a thumb drive and wifi adapter the total current was only 0.25A which is under the limits for both USB 2 and USB 3. I was even able to get an external USB hard drive to work, but when I connected two drives it started to cause problems - which is to be expected since that is too much for one port. If you plan to use an external USB hard drive, make sure you limit the other devices to lower current devices or just get a powered hub.After that test, I put my microSD card into the included adapter and was able to read files from the memory card with no problem. I even used the OTG adapter on my Nexus 7 tablet and was able to use my mouse on my tablet. I didn't test any memory cards or thumb drives since my Nexus 7 is not rooted and out the box it doesn't really support mass storage devices.To test performance, I used Ubuntu to do a benchmark on an external USB 3.0 case ( Inateck FE2005 ) directly connected and via the hub -- no noticeable impact to the benchmark.Here are the main points I noticed about this product:Easy of Use: As with any hub, it was pretty simple - connect it to your device (computer, smartphone or tablet) and then connected the USB devices you want to use into the hub.Versatile: In addition to acting as the normal USB 3.0 hub, it comes with an OTG adapter for use on microUSB devices (such as a smartphone or tablet) and has a built-in SD reader (includes SanDisk microSD adapter) allowing you to use various memory cards.Portable: The hub itself is about the size of a candy bar, and does not require a separate power adapter so it is easy to use as a "grab and go" device.Bottom line: If you are looking for a portable USB 3.0 hub than can work with memory cards, and with various devices (such as smartphones and tablets) this is a great option.
This is really versatile! There is a SD card with a microSD card slot adapter included so the reader can read both memory card sizes. You can add a mouse and use your tablet like a laptop, plug in multiple devices and transfer pictures easily from a camera. Absolutely a five star product!
Works very although it's really suited for a laptop or tablet as specified because the cable is very short. I am using it for an older PC along with the Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 2-port PCI Express Card and it works fine with a 3 ft. USB 3.0 extension cable I had on hand.
Macbook 13 Inch Case Cover Laptop Bag Felt Sleeve for Retina Macbook Pro
Macbook 15 Inch Case Cover Laptop Bag Felt Sleeve for Retina Macbook Pro
USB 3.0 HDD Tool Free External Enclosure
4-Port USB 3.0 + 1-Port Fast-Charging Desktop HUB with 5V/4A Power Supply
3-Port USB 3.0 HUB with Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter
4-Port 30W USB Travel Wall Charger
USB 3.0 Male to Female Cable