- Multifunctional ports to meet various user requirements, enhances the computer with three USB 3.0 ports and one SD card reading slot, OTG enhancement plug included, convenient operation of external drives, memory sticks, card readers, cameras, mobile phones etc., compatible with most conventional SD cards.
Support The Memory CardsSD Slot: SecureDigital (SD), Elite Pro SD, Extreme III SD, Gaming Edition SD, Platinum II SD, SD Pro, SDHC, SDXC,SD-Max, SD-Pleomax, SD-Pro C, Super SD, Turbo SD, Ultima I SD, Ultima II SD, Ultimate SD, Ultra High Speed SD, Ultra II SD, Ultra II SD Plus, Ultra SD, Ultra-X SD, DV-RS MMC, High Speed MMC / RS-MMC, MCCmobile, MMC Pro, MMCplus, MMCplus Turbo, RS-MMC, Micro SD.
● Features an original VIA Technology controller chipset, stable power supply, supports storage devices with 1 TB.
● USB 3.0 interfaces, theoretical transfer speed of up to 5 Gbps, downward compatible with USB 1.1/2.0.
Package● A HB4008
● Contemporary and simple design, compact and precise craftsmanship, high portability.
● Compatible with almost all operating systems, no additional driver installation necessary.
Please Note● For stable operation, devices connected to this hub should not exceed a combined current of 5V 900mAh.
● It is not recommended to use this USB hub for too many peripheral devices with high energy consumption. Two external 2.5 "hard drives without any additional power supply to bring the USB port of the PC is already at its limit.
● This hub is not meant to serve as a stand-alone charger. It is not compatible with iPads or any other devices with irregular charging requirements.
● 2.4Ghz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended.
● Designed specifically for users of ultrabooks, laptop PC and tablets with USB port; Since the length of the USB cable is approximately 30cm, you are kindly advised to order a USB 3.0 extension cable along with this product If you intend to connect it to a desktop PC
Great! Worth noting that the little extension piece for usb 2.0 mini is removable. I was worried that removing it would affect the usability of the hub but it does not. simply snipped with a scissors and it looks like it was never there.
WHAT I NEEDED:My plan was to keep all my media and documents on the portable hard drive that I carry with me, a 2 TB SeaGate FreeAgent GoFlex. Then, instead of having to sync everything to all my devices anytime anything changed, all I'd have to do was plug the drive into whatever device I had and I could access what I wanted - 1 copy, no syncing.Here are my four main devices:Lenovo Y500 Windows 8 laptopSamsung Galaxy S4 phoneNexus 7 tabletASUS C200 ChromebookSo when I found out about this Inateck hub which could connect all of them via standard USB and Micro-USB, I had to give it a shot.WHAT I GOT:I'd used Inateck devices before (their 4 Port USB Wall Charger is fantastic) and so I expected the packaging on the hub to match the really nice, upscale look of the wall charger. It didn't. It came in a black box, which is fine, but it didn't have that thick, high-end feel that the packaging of their Wall Charger does. This is, of course, just asthetic, but it was something I definitely noticed.The box comes with the hub itself, the warranty, and a SD to Micro-SD adapter so that you can plus both SD and Micro-SD cards into the card reader. The hub itself is bigger than I expected, since I've got two 4-Port Targus USB Hubs and they're about half the overall size of this 3-Port hub, but when taking into account the fact that this has to fit in an SD Card reader and whatever OTG technology that the Targus Hubs have, it makes sense that this would take up more space. The build quality on the hub is excellent; it's a bit ugly-looking, but it's built like a tank and feels like it'll last forever. It won't win any aesthetics awards, but it feels like a device I can throw into my bag and not worry about having it break.HOW IT PERFORMED:I plugged two of my external hard drives into the hubs and took it for a spin. My Chromebook, Windows 8 laptop, Android Phone, and Android Tablet all worked like a charm! I was worried that maybe one or two of the devices wouldn't work, but they were all able to read and write to the external hard drives without a problem, including viewing and editing documents and watching movies. (Note: Some OTG devices (like my tablet) do need a piece of software to mount the drives. I use NTFS Mounter for this and it works great. So if you're having a problem with OTG devices, it's most likely that you need something to mount the drive and it isn't the hub itself.)I also plugged in the SD card from my camera to see how that would do and I was able to browse all of my photos from it on my phone, tablet, and laptops with no problems.THE WRAP-UP:I've spent the last week using the hub and it has been exactly what I was looking for - I've been able to give client presentations, watch movies on my commute, and edit my documents all from my external hard drive without having to worry about syncing everything to all my devices. I'm giving it four stars because I think the look of the product could have been a little more appealing, but the hub itself works flawlessly. This thing might not be the best-looking device out there, but it works beautifully and packs a lot of function into one device; I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an all-purpose hub.
Works ok with regular laptops as long as you don't overload it and reach its power limit.DO NOT BUY IF YOU PLAN TO USE WITH THE SURFACE PRO 3.I think the issue is with the surface pro 3 and not the USB reader. The power supplied to the reader isn't high enough and you would almost always regret using this. It might work ok for use with flash drives but would always give issues with HDD's and Mobile Phones since they draw more power.Instead of this version, look for one with an external power source.
the hub is fast both in usb3 and otg modethe build qualty was goodand it looks expensive altho is notthe small dongle have rubber atch it to the main usbit looks it can snap easilybut even if its happen. it will still work
This works with a USB 3.0 device with USB 3.0 OTG cable connected, but does not work through a USB 2.0 OTG cable. Not sure if this is a limitation of the OTG storage spec or what exactly. Does work fine with a PC. Tested with Samsung S5 and Moto G 1st Gen phones. Since the Moto G is USB 2.0 only, the storage aspect does not work except very intermittently. Using my OTG 3 cable on the S5, it works perfectly and can have all ports and the SD card reader in use. I suspect that using multiple ports requires a greater degree of power that does not transmit sufficiently through a USB 2 connector with respect to the OTG storage use.
Inateck Macbook 13 Inch Case Cover Laptop Bag Felt Sleeve
Inateck Macbook 15 Inch Case Cover Laptop Bag Felt Sleeve
Inateck Tool Free USB 3.0 HDD Enclosure (Regular)
Inateck 4 Ports USB 3.0 HUB with 1 Fast- Charging Port
Inateck 3 Ports USB 3.0 HUB with Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter
Inateck 4-Port 30W USB Travel Wall Charger
Inateck USB 3.0 Male to Female Cable